[CLUE-Tech] Telnet and Cisco 678.

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Fri Jun 20 18:09:46 MDT 2003

My Linux telnet client (Debian's telnet 0.17-19, which says it's
netkit-telnet 0.17) doesn't work very well with my Cisco 678 (about the
only thing I telnet to).

For example, when I type backspace telnet sends \177 and when I type the
up arrow (command history) it sends \0330A.  Neither of those do
anything useful.

By comparison, the Windows telnet client sends ^H for backspace and
\033]A for up arrow.  Those have the expected results.

Anyone have any suggestions how to change the behavior of my telnet?
The Cisco server seems pretty simple, doesn't goof around with many
options, uses character-at-a-time mode and so on.