[CLUE-Tech] How to verify SMTP config

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Mon Jun 23 12:19:48 MDT 2003

Hello--

I asked about this last week, but noone responded. Anyway, I am
preparing to move my domain, including e-mail service, to a
quasi-colocated server where I am responsible for the SMTP server. And
before the new server goes live, I'd like to be as sure as possible that
the mail will get delivered. Of course, I realize that I can't be 100%
sure until the MX record is switched over, but there must be certain
procedures I can follow to get a reasonable idea of whether everything's
configured properly on the server itself. What do real sysadmins do in
cases like this?

Thanks for any suggestions.

mgushee at havenrock.com           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through