[CLUE-Tech] Escape from RH 8.0

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sun Mar 2 15:09:41 MST 2003

On Sun, 02 Mar 2003 10:20:03 -0700
David Anselmi <anselmi at americanisp.net> wrote:

> Jed S. Baer wrote:
> [...]
>
> This might have to do with devfs and/or your modules.conf.  I recently
> installed LVM, which wanted devfsd, which put a bunch of probeall stuff
> in modules.conf.  And I have some other stuff there that refers to
> ide-scsi.

Actually, (Surprise, Surprise, Surprise!) my modules.conf was untouched.
Nothing in there explicitly associating ide-scsi with hdd. I think I won't
worry about it until after I'm up for a kernel rebuild, coz I'll be diving
into grub when I do that, and I have other fish to fry before then (I
think  -- I like building kernels, don't ask me why, some sort of geek
coolnes factor there, eh?).

jed
--
I wouldn't even think about bribing a rottweiler with a steak that
didn't weigh more than I do. -- Jason Earl