[CLUE-Tech] Scalable Vector Graphics on Linux?

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Tue Mar 4 21:20:07 MST 2003

On Tue, 04 Mar 2003 18:24:21 -0700
mgushee at havenrock.com wrote:

> On 4 Mar 2003 at 17:09, Jed S. Baer wrote:
>
> > However, on one of the tangents this little task has taken me on, I've
> > discovered that RH (or somebody) has used Adobe Illustrator to make
> > SVG files for some of the screens (such as the gdm login screen
> > background). Ignoring the question of why these open-source types
> > aren't using open-source tools for this,

>   Sketch    http://sketch.sourceforge.net/
>     A Python-based, Corel Draw-esque drawing program. Worth having
>     for general use, but its SVG support is still fairly primitive.

Oddly enough, there's an RPM for sketch, but it depends on the Python
Imaging Library, which I can find only as a tarball. Hope I have
sufficient devel libs to build it.

But if anyone knows where there's an RPM of PIL, I'd like to know about
it.

jed
--
I wouldn't even think about bribing a rottweiler with a steak that
didn't weigh more than I do. -- Jason Earl