[CLUE-Tech] RH8.0 Screen Blinking Solved?

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sun Mar 9 23:43:57 MST 2003

On 09 Mar 2003 18:26:08 -0700
Chris Terry <tuba_man at attbi.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the info.  I never had apmd running, but recompiling the
> kernel without apm helped.
>
> On Sat, 2003-03-08 at 17:27, Jed S. Baer wrote:
> > Howdy Folks.
> >
> > So far so good. I took the apmd out of my system startup, and the
> > random"blinks" which resemble a monitor resolution switch are no
> > longer happening. I had suspected it was actually a power-save
> > problem, since it was more like a "off-on" event.

Well, I actually spoke too soon. But, I have, in fact, just finished a
kernel compile, also without apm. So tomorrow, after I've got the
grub.conf figured out, I'll see if that fixes it for me too.

FWIW, it happens more often during mouse movement.

jed
--
I wouldn't even think about bribing a rottweiler with a steak that
didn't weigh more than I do. -- Jason Earl