[CLUE-Tech] /var/log/messages

Keith Hellman kehellman at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 10 10:42:25 MST 2003

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 04:42:14PM +0000, Jason S. Friedman wrote:
> What do these lines in /var/log/messages mean?
>
> Mar 10 16:03:41 abigail kernel: VFS: busy inodes on changed media.
> Mar 10 16:04:13 abigail last message repeated 32 times

I would hazard a guess that you had a couple running processes or open
files below a CD mount point, then the CD was forcibly removed from
the system.  Or perhaps the kernel wouldn't let you eject the CD?
Perhaps it was a floppy?  Perhaps a network filesystem?

Something along these lines I suspect...

-
Keith Hellman                             #include <disclaimer.h>
kehellman at yahoo.com               from disclaimer import standard

"We are born wet, naked, and hungry. Then things get worse."

--Unknown