[CLUE-Tech] Buying a (cheap) laptop for Linux

black at galaxy.silvren.com black at galaxy.silvren.com
Mon Mar 10 12:34:14 MST 2003

Increased video memory will allow you to run a greater color depth at a
higher resolution, but generally speaking any newer laptop will let you
run 32bpp at max resolution with whatever video support they have
built-in.

Additional memory will help if you plan on gaming, where it is used to
load textures (among other things).

For XFree86, just make sure your chipset is supported and you'll be fine
for what you're planning on doing.