[CLUE-Tech] Seeking tabbed text editor

Tom Poindexter tpoindex at nyx.net
Thu Mar 20 20:37:20 MST 2003

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 08:24:03PM -0700, Chris Ernst wrote:
> Assuming that you're looking for an editor for code, I'd recommend Anjuta http://anjuta.sourceforge.net

> On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 20:06:24 -0700
> bof <bof at pcisys.net> wrote:
>
> > Can anyone recommend a good text editor allowing tabbed editing of
> > multiple files? I was using Glimmer but it has gotten so old that it

Anjuta looks interesting, I'll have to take a look.  I'm also using Jedit
quite a bit these days.  Tabbing between multiple edit buffers is one of
many nice features.  I also like Jedit for syntax highlighting of dozens
of languages, lots of plugins (many are Java oriented).  Written in Java
with Swing, but one of the few Swing-based programs that doesn't make me
cringe to use it.  Also, it's one of the few GUI-based editors that I'm
willing use instead of vi.

	http://jedit.org

--
Tom Poindexter