[CLUE-Tech] PostgreSQL statistics question

Jeremiah Stanley lists at miah.org
Fri Mar 28 13:32:58 MST 2003

On Fri, 2003-03-28 at 11:37, kevin.lane at attbi.com wrote:
> Will this provide what you are looking for?
>
> http://www.samse.fr/GPL/pg_analyzer/README.html

Link looks like I can pull some good queries out of their program.
Thanks for the link.

I did happen to figure this one out (PostgreSQL is waaaaay different to
try and use when you are used to MySQL):

select sum(xact_commit) as total from pg_stat_database;

Apparently PostgreSQL makes use of views to simplify how their stats are
saved. I think it is very cool to have your database statistics
available in SQL queries. I just need to learn more about views in order
to take full advantage of this.

Does anybody know if Oracle does anything like this?
--
Jeremiah Stanley <lists at miah.org>