[CLUE-Tech] sendmail issue

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Mon Mar 31 10:26:14 MST 2003

Argh!  I was soo happy to get Spam Assassin set up on my new linux box,
but I'm having a problem here.  I got spam assassin to work fine for me
by doing this:

> 1) Create this file in your home directory: .forward - you can do this
> by typing:
>
> pico .forward
>
> Make sure it contains the following lines EXACTLY as I type them here:
>
> |/usr/bin/procmail
>
> 2) Next, create this file in your home directory: .procmailrc and make
> sure it has this in it:
>
> :0fw * < 256000
> | spamc
> :0:
> mail/spam
>
> # All mail tagged as spam
> # (eg. with a score higher than the set threshold)
> # is moved to "probably-spam".
> :0:
> mail/spam

It works *great* for me.  I had another user on my box do the exact same
thing, and he gets the error message below when anyone tries to send him
mail....  Anyone know what would cause this??