[CLUE-Tech] Quick, how do I?

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sat May 3 10:21:28 MDT 2003

On 03 May 2003 01:28:07 -0600
David Willson <DLWillson at TheGeek.NU> wrote:

> Change my screen-saver to a slide-show of the pictures in x directory?
>
> Running RHL8, if it matters.

Well, if you have the xv program (shareware), you could put the following
line in your ~/.xscreensaver file:

  xv -root -wait {delaytime} -wloop

as the only entry in the programs: section.

One thing about xscreensaver is that it will run any arbritrary program,
AFAIK. So any program which will do a slideshow can go in your
.xscreensaver file.

jed
--
I wouldn't even think about bribing a rottweiler with a steak that
didn't weigh more than I do. -- Jason Earl