[CLUE-Tech] Aureal Sound Driver

Angelo Bertolli angelo at sdf.lonestar.org
Sun May 4 16:44:17 MDT 2003

I found an updated Aureal sound driver for Debian, which looks like it
was written for an experimental kernel.  I modified the code a bit, and
got it to compile, installed it in modules, and modules.conf, and kudzu
was able to automatically pick it up and configure it.  However, RH9
still tells me my sound card isn't working properly.

I have gotten this sound card to work on RH 7.x with the older drivers
before.  I did try the older more "standard" driver first, but I got so
many compilation errors that I looked online for an updated driver
(maybe I'll look at it again).  You know Linux dists support a LOT of
hardware now... do I just happen to get the hardware that they don't?

Any ideas?

Angelo