[CLUE-Tech] January 2010

Randy Arabie randy at arabie.org
Mon May 5 08:13:45 MDT 2003

On Saturday,  3 May 2003 at 23:23:01 -0600, Angelo Bertolli
<angelo at sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
> I noticed that there are emails labelled as January 2010 in the
> message archives.  How does this happen?  I've gotten a few emails
> from the future by converting my mailbox between formats before.

I don't know about the mailbox conversion issue, but the MTA (ie
sendmail, exim, postfix) uses the system clock to timestamp messages.
If your system clock is set to a future date/time, then the timestamp
with the message will be in the future, too.
--
Allons Rouler!

Randy
http://www.arabie.org/