[CLUE-Tech] Help w/SCSI tape problem?

Carl Gibbons cgibbons at du.edu
Fri May 9 12:37:55 MDT 2003

I didn't get any results the first, time, so I'd like to try one more
time. Perhaps nobody reading this mailing list does any tape stuff with
Linux?

I tried it again with a text file (/etc/termcap), and it's the *end* of
the file that I'm missing when I try to read it back from the tape:

$ sudo dd bs=512 if=/etc/termcap of=/dev/nst0
dd: writing `/dev/nst0': Invalid argument
1440+1 records in
1440+0 records out
$ sudo mt -f /dev/nst0 rewind
$ sudo dd bs=512 if=/dev/nst0 of=image
3397+0 records in
3397+0 records out
$ diff /etc/termcap image
Warning: missing newline at end of file termcap
17095,17104c17095
< # The following sets edit modes for GNU EMACS.
< # Local Variables:
< # fill-prefix:"\t"
< # fill-column:75
< # comment-column:0
< # comment-start-skip:"^#+"
< # comment-start:"# "
< # compile-command:"tic -c terminfo.master"
< # End:
< ######## SHANTIH!  SHANTIH!  SHANTIH!
---
> #