[CLUE-Tech] Help w/SCSI tape problem?

Randy Arabie randy at arabie.org
Fri May 9 13:07:36 MDT 2003

On Friday,  9 May 2003 at 12:37:55 -0600, Carl Gibbons <cgibbons at du.edu>
wrote:
> I didn't get any results the first, time, so I'd like to try one more
> time. Perhaps nobody reading this mailing list does any tape stuff
> with Linux?

<---SNIP--->

I use an HP SureStore 4mm/90m SCSI to do backups on my Debain box.
However, I don't use dd to write my backups.  I use tar.  So, I can't
really offer any advice for you.

A quick Google Groups search turns up two other folks who have recently
had similar problems:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%22dd%3A+writing+%60%2Fdev%2Fnst0%27%3A+Invalid+argument%22&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search

Perhaps you could contact one or both to see if they have found a
solution.

A regular Google search reveals these links with possible solutions:

http://www.mail-archive.com/bug-coreutils@gnu.org/msg00295.html
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-coreutils/2002-12/msg00018.html
--
Allons Rouler!