[CLUE-Tech] Problems with sites saying they cannot read cookies under Mozilla 1.3.1

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Thu May 22 12:46:31 MDT 2003

bof wrote:

> Yes, as I mentioned in my original post, read along with write (actually
> create or change cookies) is enabled as part of Javascript.

Sorry I missed that.  I don't see any other settings that are relevant,
but probably there are some.

> Where/how did you find the document.cookie.indexof information? I'd like
> to see what it is returning in my browser on my system.

It's in the page source.  Usually when you get stupid messages about
your browser not supporting something it's because of a javascript check
on the page.  So you look at the page source and see what's being checked.

You can write your own page to do the same test and display the results.
  That doesn't get you much closer to finding the setting though.

At least we suspect a setting on your machine rather than a braindead
"mozilla is not supported" check.