[CLUE-Tech] Who do I surrender to?

Francis Maier Fran.Maier at archden.org
Fri May 30 16:45:55 MDT 2003

Is there some official Linux authority I can sign surrender papers with?
I've been trying to install four different flavors of Linux on my
OldWorld beige PowerMac G3 for four weeks. Defeated at every turn.
Latest update from the front, posted earlier this morning:
_____
Trying to install Debian on a PowerMac G3.

In partitioning my hard disk with mac-fdisk, I created a swap partition
(/dev/hda12) and root partition (/dev/hda13) in the Apple_UNIX_SVR2
format.

When I try to proceed with installation, activating the swap device, I
get a message that:

"The swap partition /dev/hda12 could not be activated: Cannot allocate
memory."

I get a similar message if I reorder the root and swap partitions.

I'm running 768 megs of memory in my Mac.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
_____

I am reduced to hiring a consultant, if someone can point me to a good
Mac one.