[CLUE-Tech] Nvidia dual-head config

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jzb at dissociatedpress.net
Wed Nov 19 17:50:29 MST 2003

Hey all,

I just spent some quality time hand-editing my XF86Config to enable Xinerama for
my Nvidia GeForce4 MX 440 SE -- and I figured that if anyone else had a similar
card, this might be useful, since most of the distros don't seem to recognize
that the card is capable of dual-head operation. (SUSE sets it up okay in
single-head mode, but SaX seems oblivious to the fact that it is a dual-head
card...)

Anyway, you can find my XF86Config for this card here:

http://www.dissociatedpress.net/XF86Config.nvidia

Note that the monitors section will no doubt need to be changed for your
configuration unless you happen to be using dual 17" Winbook LCDs... and if you
have another dual-head card, you should be able to adapt this config to your
card.

Share and enjoy,

Zonker
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier -=- jzb at dissociatedpress.net