[CLUE-Tech] Creating a database with phpmyadmin?

Young, Ed Ed.Young at echostar.com
Mon Nov 24 10:55:35 MST 2003

Thanx for all the replies.

I used mysqldump and it went something like this:
Mysqldump dbname > dbname.sql

I'm away from the machine so I'm trying to do this remotely using
phpmyadmin. (version 2.5.3)...

I'm able to create the db easy enough but it doesn't look like I'll be able
to read in the file since when I choose "browse" from within the SQL
function (link) it of course opens up a browse view of the local machine I'm
running, not a browse view of the server where the machine is and where the
dump file is.

So this will have to wait until I can get in front of the machine I'm
administering or if I can get the mysqldump text file local and try it
again.

Thanx again for the replies and I'll report back how this works out.

Anyone else feel free to make further suggestions, since this is spurring me
on to get familiar with MySQL, phpmyadmin, etc and to (finally) get things
migrated to a different machine.