[CLUE-Tech] Knoppix

Matt Gushee matt at gushee.net
Mon Nov 24 19:31:32 MST 2003

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 11:27:25AM -0700, donozq wrote:
> I was mailed a copy of Knoppix from a Dick Eastman but the CD was bad and he wont send me another.  I did download the tree files to make a CD but they are over 700 megs total in size.  Will they all fit on a 700meg cd and work correctly?

The answer may depend on:

  - How much over 700MB they are, and
  - Media quality/peculiarities

If you are using cdrecord, there is an option - I think it's '-overburn'
- designed specifically to cram extra data onto your CD. On the other
hand, I have a hard time believing that any reputable Linux distribution
would publish ISOs that won't work for most people. So if it were me I'd
just get good quality media, and go ahead and try it (without
-overburn).

mgushee at havenrock.com           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through
                                its streets.