[CLUE-Tech] On the subject of OpenOffice...

greg at knaddison.com greg at knaddison.com
Thu Oct 2 09:36:10 MDT 2003

I haven't used their database UI since StarOffice5.2 when it was reasonably
good, but not great.  I would assume that it's getting better but I'm a little
confused because some documentation I read today showed it as part of OOo, but I
have OOo1.1RC5 and can't find the database GUI.

Have you thought about using MySQL and MyCC?  MyCC is the "Control Center" GUI
for MySQL and has really come a long way in the last year or so and is nearing
it's 1.0 release.  I find the ease of use comparable to MSAccess and MySQL is
certainly faster/better of a database server.

Greg