[CLUE-Tech] HP laptop

Dennis J Perkins djperkins at americanisp.net
Tue Oct 7 13:31:51 MDT 2003

> Quoting Dennis J Perkins <djperkins at americanisp.net>:
>
> > Has anyone tried to install Linux on an HP ze4500 laptop?  I think the video
> >
> > will work (Radeon 1GP 320M) but are there other
> > issues?
> >

> From http://www.linux-laptop.net/hp.html
>
> #
> # HP Pavilion ZE4325us
> # HP Pavilion ZE4360
> # HP Pavilion ZE4417ea
> # HP Pavilion ZE4430us
> # HP Pavilion ZE5155
> # HP Pavilion ZE5165
> # HP Pavilion ZE5185
>
> They have instructions for GNU/Linux on all of those models, but not yours.
> Perhaps the components of your machine are shared with one of these?
>
> Greg

I thought of that.  The information on the Radeon 1GP 320M is contradictory,
but might reflect changes in XFree86.  I'm not sure what some of the peripheral
chips are.  Windows XP helpfully hides most of this info from you when you look
at the configuration.  And HP's site doesn't give the details either.

I think I need to get the latest Knoppix CD and see if that
works.