[CLUE-Tech] network issues

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Mon Oct 13 12:04:17 MDT 2003

Adam Bultman wrote:

> Mike, can you give us an IP address, so we can scan it ourselves?

64.242.89.12
64.242.89.14
64.242.89.16

> Are you running any IDS: Be it network or filesystem-based?

No, I'm not running an IDS at this point - I recently purchased a book
on Snort, and have been trying to get through it ASAP, because obviously
I need it.

> What DNS server are you running (and why are you running a DNS Server
> again?)  What version is it?

I'm running Bind, the version that comes with Red Hat 9.  I need to run
DNS to host the domain names my company owns.

> What apache server is it? Which modules?

Server Version: Apache/2.0.40 (Red Hat Linux)

No extra modules, besides the SSL stuff and Cold Fusion MX 6.1, their
latest version.  I have all the CF studio connectivity turned off, so
it's strictly listening on 80 and no high ports.

> Would you also be averse to people logging in and checking it out from a
> filesystem point of view?

No, if you would like to help me solve this, it would be greatly
appreciated.

I'm very concerned by this.

--

                                 -Mike Staver