[CLUE-Tech] network issues

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Mon Oct 13 13:21:12 MDT 2003

Dave Hahh wrote:

> netstat -apn will add the PID of process running that is opening the
> ports.  However, if you have been rooted, that *may not* report correctly.

BTW, this is what I get with that command:

[root at timmy staver]# netstat -apn
netstat: invalid option -- p
usage: netstat [-veenNcCF] [<Af>] -r         netstat
{-V|--version|-h|--help}
        netstat [-vnNcaeo] [<Socket>]
        netstat { [-veenNac] -i | [-vnNc] -L | [-cnNe] -M }

         -r, --route              display routing table
         -L, --netlink            display netlink kernel messages
         -i, --interfaces         display interface table
         -M, --masquerade         display masqueraded connections

         -v, --verbose            be verbose
         -n, --numeric            dont resolve names
         -e, --extend             display other/more informations
         -c, --continuous         continuous listing

         -a, --all, --listening   display all
         -o, --timers             display timers

<Socket>={-t|--tcp} {-u|--udp} {-w|--raw} {-x|--unix} --ax25 --ipx --netrom
<Af>= -A {inet|ipx|netrom|ddp|ax25},... --inet --ipx --netrom --ddp --ax25

I didn't see a p option, so that tells me that netstat has been replaced
with a root kit or something, right?  That p option works fine on my
other Red Hat 9 boxen....

--

                                 -Mike Staver
                                  staver at fimble.com