[CLUE-Tech] Libranet 2.8 and an HSF Winmodem

Chuck Downing chuckdowning at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 13 15:44:15 MDT 2003

on Wed, 08 Oct 2003 22:17:39 -0600 Dan Harris wrote:

>I've been down the path of trying to make Win(Lose?)modems work with
>Linux and for all the headaches I've had, I'd easily trade them for the
>cost of a Xircom PCMCIA modem.  Now that trusty card goes everywhere I
>do, and I always have a working modem in my laptop with minimal fuss.

Dan,

OK, so I gave in to the b*****ds!  I was in Highlands Ranch for the week-end.
This morning, I stopped in the Connect PC store on Town Center Drive near
Santa Fe.  He had a stack of Zonet ZFM5600 PCMCIA modems for $37.00.  To make
a long story short, it worked right out of the box with Libranet 2.8.

Thanks again for the tip.
--
Chuck Downing
Leadville, Colorado, USA