[CLUE-Tech] network issues

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Wed Oct 15 15:50:14 MDT 2003

Mike Staver wrote:

> There HAS to be a security exploit for Red Hat 9 that Red Hat isn't
> letting onto the public about yet...

Are there any other users on the box?  Could they be using the same
password after your fresh installs?  I ask because there are local
exploits that may be less publicized than the remote ones.

You've probably heard that giving someone physical access to a machine
is the same as giving them root.  I know a security guy who said that
giving someone a shell account was the same as giving them root (not to
say that they are equally easy, just equally possible).