[CLUE-Tech] Re: {Samba] Samba 3.0.0 issue

Joe Daily jdaily at qnetalpha.com
Fri Oct 17 22:21:44 MDT 2003

It still does it, never underestimate what a POS windows is.

Joe

On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 21:19, John H Terpstra wrote:
> Joe,
>
> In addition the the changes below, suggest you check:
>
> 1) Do you have a machine account in your /etc/passwd file for the windows
> client. It should have a '$' character at the end of the computer name.

everything was good here, i did however change some shells to
/sbin/nologin

2) Do you have an account for the windows client in
/etc/samba/smbpasswd?

everything is good there
> If not, rejoin the domain after making the changes below.
>
> - John T.
>

> On Fri, 17 Oct 2003, root wrote:
>
> > Server role: ROLE_DOMAIN_PDC
>
> > # Global parameters
> > [global]
> > 	workgroup = QNETALPHA
> > 	server string = Samba %v Server on %h
> > 	guest account = guest
> > 	passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
> > 	passwd chat = *New*UNIX*password* %n\n *ReType*new*UNIX*password* %n\n *passwd:*all*authentication*tokens*updated*successfully*
> > 	username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
> > 	unix password sync = Yes
> > 	log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
> > 	max log size = 50
> > 	name resolve order = wins lmhosts bcast
> > 	time server = Yes
>
> Add:
>
>         add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -m %u
>         delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel -r %u
>         add group script = /usr/sbin/groupadd %g
>         delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupadd %g
>         add user to group script = /usr/sbin/usermod -G %g %u
>        add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -s /bin/false -d /dev/null %u

done, thank you

> > 	socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
> > 	logon script = logon.bat
> > 	logon path = \\%L\Profiles\%U
> > 	logon drive = H:
> > 	domain logons = Yes
> > 	os level = 65
> > 	preferred master = Yes
> > 	domain master = Yes
> > 	dns proxy = No
> > 	wins support = Yes
> > 	remote announce = 192.168.1.255
> > 	admin users = root, jdaily
>
> Do you realise that this means the 'jdaily' is 'root' for all connections
> and has 'root' privilidge!

it's just a small home domain, no worries there. I however did take
jdaily off of admin users reload samba and it still did.