IMHO (long) RE: [CLUE-Tech] Enthusiasm for Linux

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jzb at dissociatedpress.net
Sun Oct 26 09:46:14 MST 2003

On Sat, 2003-10-25 at 11:01, Mike Miller wrote:

*snip*

Mike,

> Here's a little different perspective. I've been switching to linux (and
> switching back) for over 15 years now. Each time I had good reason to,
> usually important hardware that wasn't supported or not enough time to
> nursemaid the OS along.

Linux, released in 1991. It's 2003 now, so the longest time you could
possibly have been playing with Linux is 12 years, not 15. Just thought
I'd save you some embarrassment in case you put this down on any resumes
or whatever -- though I've encountered plenty of recruiters who expect 5
years experience in products that have only just been released, so maybe
this will float on by...

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier