IMHO (long) RE: [CLUE-Tech] Enthusiasm for Linux

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Mon Oct 27 18:05:00 MST 2003

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 17:15:55 -0700
"Evan Widger" <PsychoI3oy at linkline.com> wrote:

> > > Since I'm contributing, I won't point out that this thread is pretty
> > > much off topic ;-)
> > >
> > > Dave
> >
> > I know you to be a kind and honorable man.  Please explain why this is
> > off topic for a CLUE Mailing List.
> >
> > Thanks for your time.
>
> > Chuck Downing
> > Leadville, Colorado
>
> it's only offtopic cause this is the clue-tech list, not the clue-talk
> list

Hmmm. Well, IMNSHO, it's been plenty technical enough for this list. Yeah,
it ain't hard-core geek stuff, like "how do I write a device driver to use
my PSAUX port as a serial line, since I've switched to a USB mouse, and
could use the extra serial port?". But it's gotten past the "advocacy"
thing (clearly a Talk list topic) into "these are my technical
difficulties".

jed