[CLUE-Tech] Using CSS to get an HTML table effect.

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Wed Oct 29 16:52:43 MST 2003

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 16:34:22 -0600
Jay Seven Ess <j7s12b at earthlink.net> wrote:

> On Wednesday 29 October 2003 14:00, Jed S. Baer wrote:
> > I agree it's an attractive site. You might want to know that your
> > navbar links exhibit a lot of "hover jitter" in Galeon

> Everything looks stable in Konqueror ala Redhat 9, but Mozilla 1.4b
> has some jitter on the Holiday link and resizes the area on mouse over
> of the ordering link. Looks like the small border that shows upon mouse
> over is enough to cause that.
> Then again, I have a non-default minimum font size set in Mozilla so
> who knows.

That's one of the problems with web design. I ran across a site earlier
today which specified (oh, so helpful!) that the Arial font was "required"
to view the site. At least it didn't want Klingon.

I have my default san-serif font set to be Bitstream Vera (very nice,
BTW). Been meaning to delete Arial from my machine anyway -- just haven't
gotter around to it.

I figure one way to mess with MSIE users would be to detect it, and
specify wingdings as the font.

jed