[CLUE-Tech] Using CSS to get an HTML table effect.

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Oct 29 19:17:45 MST 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 16:34, Jay Seven Ess wrote:
> Everything looks stable in Konqueror ala Redhat 9, but Mozilla 1.4b
> has some jitter on the Holiday link and resizes the area on mouse over
> of the ordering link. Looks like the small border that shows upon mouse
> over is enough to cause that.
> Then again, I have a non-default minimum font size set in Mozilla so
> who knows.

Interesting.  Up until yesterday I was running with RH 7.2 and Galeon
(version unknown) and it didn't jitter.  It doesn't jitter under WinXP
either.  Today I'm running under a new install of RH9 (KRUD 2003-10) and
I have jitter.  Ugh.  Its a font issue.  I can widen the side navbar a
bit to remove the jitter.  Why it jitters now when it didn't before I'm
not sure - might be that the default Arial font on the new install is
not the same as the default Arial font from the old one.  But it can be
fixed by widening the navbar.  I just hate making it much wider than it
already is.

In my case its the "Envelopments options" link that is jittering.  The
"holiday" link doesn't.  When CSS can download the fonts along with the
page, we'll all be happy.
--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com