[CLUE-Tech] Updating RH9

Kirk Rafferty kirk at fpcc.net
Thu Oct 30 16:36:51 MST 2003

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 02:10:04PM -0700, BOF wrote:
> Michael Robbert wrote:
> up2date stores its downloads in /var/spool/up2date. I believe that you
> could copy those files and apply them separately as needed to other systems.

Keep in mind that if you depend on this, you'll only get the updates
pertinant to the RHN-connected system.  For example, if your RHN-connected
system doesn't have MySQL, but your "offline" system does, you won't ever
get the updated MySQL RPM, if one comes out.

Probably a better solution would be to mirror the pertinant directory from
updates.redhat.com.  Then occasionally run "rpm -Fvh". (actually, you may
want to run "rpm -Fvh --test" first, to see what's going to be updated.)

-k