[CLUE-Tech] Getting GRUB to grab

Gus S. Calabrese wft at frii.com
Tue Sep 2 08:40:15 MDT 2003

Greetings

I have recently installed the SUSE 8.2 distro
and when it asked me where to put it. I directed
it to the second (slave) drive on my computer.

I then installed Red Hat 9.0 on my master
drive.  When the installation asked about
other installations, I told it about the SUSE
8.2 install.

The net result was that GRUB boots Red
Hat okay but if I ask it to boot the SUSE,
(which appears in the GRUB start up menu)
it fails.  I also note that if I direct the BIOS
to boot off drive 2, it fails to do so.

Since I really didn't have a solid game plan
and I was taking a shot in the dark, I am
not surprised with the results.

What is the proper way to install SUSE on the
second drive and properly inform GRUB of it's
existence ?  Is there a good source for GRUB
info ?

Thanks

Gus

Gus S. Calabrese  303 964.9670