[CLUE-Tech] A real MTA

Jeff Cann j.cann at isuma.org
Sun Sep 21 20:19:09 MDT 2003

On Sunday 21 September 2003 2:06 pm, Sean LeBlanc wrote:

> I started reading the config info for postfix on the site, then got hung up
> on trying to figure out how mail gets delivered to my box. Does it rely on
> other utilities in situations like these (reading remote POP3 boxes)? I
> probably just need to do some RTFM'ing, but have not found relevant data
> (yet).

Sean,

I am a newbie mail admin.  I setup postfix and courier-imap.  Postfix was cake
and courier-imap took more doing simply because I wanted virtual accounts and
shared folders.  Out-of-the-box for courier imap is relatively simple.

I'll recommend the book 'Postfix' by Richard Blum.  It's worth the $40 and
saved me a lot of trouble.  ISBN: 0672321149

I'm happy with both programs after 3 months of use.
Jeff