[CLUE-Tech] what clock does cron use?

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu Apr 1 00:15:54 MST 2004

Only a late-night guess here, 'cause I'm not seeing anything wrong with
your crontab entry...

>Message 2:
>From jason at powerpull.net  Wed Mar 31 23:00:02 2004

>From powerpull  Thu Apr  1 00:00:02 2004

There's some kind of wicked discrepancy going on there... one From: line says 23:00:02 and one line later it says 00:00:02.

Only "interesting" thing going on time-wise the last week and this week is various world-wide daylight-savings-time switches.  U.K. and some others last weekend, U.S. here shortly... but none of them on the 31st of March... Strange.

Just wondering if you'd seen that discrepancy in your output.  Might be
a clue, but to what... I don't know.  Your crontab entry looks fine, but
the double-zeros aren't necessary.

Are any of the timezone settings on that machine out of whack
somewhere?  Anything syncing the clock to another machine -- and might
that other machine have had a momentary lapse of sanity that night?
Hmmm....

Nate Duehr, nate at natetech.com