[CLUE-Tech] Wireless problem

Frank Whiteley techzone at greeleynet.com
Tue Apr 6 23:32:29 MDT 2004

Quick and dirty answer

Your network is 168.103.xx.0/29, so 168.103.xx.7 is your broadcast address
and not normally routable.  If you are bridged, you might get six usable IPs
out of the subnet block of eight, in most cases five with a routable subnet
via PPPoA or PPPoE.

See this
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/sparkman/netcalc.htm
Plug in your network and look at the third section down.

And this
http://www.j51.com/~sshay/tcpip/ip/ip.htm

There are probably much better links, but this was just quick and dirty.

Try your wireless card as 168.103.xx.6 and see if it doesn't work.

Frank Whiteley
Greeley