[CLUE-Tech] 3ddesktop

Chris Tubutis ctubutis at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 12 17:27:41 MDT 2004

--- vbsouthern <vbsouthern at access4less.net> wrote:
>  Thanks Chris T. for pointing me in the right direction. I start on a
>
> project like this and when something goes wrong my O.C.D. kicks in
> and I
> can't see the forest from the trees.

NP, HTH. :) Been compiling my own packages since the mid 1990s and I
find it refreshing to see others here also doing it. Many of the
packages I've compiled have FAQs and/or READMEs with common problems &
solutions, they often also have their own e-mail lists for specific
questions.

Your KDE stuff... if you're sure you've installed all the needed
devlopment libraries and such, have you set up your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
include those new directories & files? Can't remember exactly how this
is done in Linux, I think you add the path(s) to a file living
somewhere in /etc and then run this thing called ldconfig. Or maybe
ldconfig adds the paths to the file and then performs some other magic,
I don't remember for certain. RTFM. :) If that doesn't work, maybe you
can tell configure where those files are, maybe using something like
--kde-libs=/path/to/files. As somebody already mentioned, do a
"./configure -help" and see what your options are. There might be
archives of the support list, too, where you can maybe find help with
specific problems....

ct