[CLUE-Tech] Error during make `3ddesktop'

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Mon Apr 12 22:20:52 MDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 09:57:17AM -0600, Nate Duehr wrote:

> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lttf
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [3ddeskd] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/3ddesktop-0.2.5'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> [root at localhost 3ddesktop-0.2.5]#
>
> Just a quick guess - "ttf" is probably something to do with TrueType
> fonts...?

That's right. On my (Debian) system libttf is provided by the 'libttf'
package. It's actually the FreeType1 shared library. So, although I
don't know the name of the package for Mandrake, it's most likely either
'freetype1' or 'freetype' or 'libttf'. And of course, just like any
other required packages, you would need the runtime and the development
packages installed.

mgushee at havenrock.com           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through
                                its streets.