[CLUE-Tech] The new debian installer

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Thu Apr 15 14:46:09 MDT 2004

After getting a new hard drive, I wanted to install the testing distro
from debian.  It is simply confusing.  Basically it goes through asking me
what keyboard I use, and then dumps me into a shell.  I wasn't sure if I
was expected to unpack and install everything by hand, so I looked at the
Debian Installer documentation, and it looks like it's SUPPOSED to have a
menu-oriented installation.  In fact, in my case the documentation is
worthless since it doesn't match what's going on.  Woody seems to work
fine for installation.  Anyone can tell me what gives with Sarge?

Angelo

-
Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics.
		-- Fletcher Knebel