[CLUE-Tech] mgetty and ppp troubles on linux dialin server

daniel daniel at alien2thisworld.net
Fri Apr 16 20:07:56 MDT 2004

Thank you both Chris and Jim for responding.
I made the changes to adjust the port speed down to 9600 from 38400 in my
mgetty.config file, and added just "9600" to the top of my
/etc/ppp/options.server file.

Unfortunately the dialin connection is still not working.  Here is the output
from the
Kppp debug window on the client as it calls in:
---
pppd 2.4.1 started by carol. uid 501
using channel 2
connect interface ppp0
connect ppp0 < -- > /dev/ttS/0
sent [lcpconfREQid=0x1<asyncmap0x0><magic 0x8a8d59fb><pcomp>]
terminating on signal 15
sent [lcptermREQid=0x2 "user request"]
sent [lcptermREQid=0x3 "user request"]
connection terminated
exit
---

PPPD's exit code of 15 is this:
15     The link was terminated because the peer is  not  responding  to echo
requests.

Does this give any more clues as to the problem? Are there any other tests I can
run that might yield interesting debug info? Thanks guys for your input :)

-Daniel