[CLUE-Tech] Antivirus for Email server

dan radom dan at radom.org
Thu Apr 22 06:27:23 MDT 2004

* Don Collier (dcollier at collierclan.com) wrote:
> I have finally talked my boss into taking a serious look at a Linux
> Email server running postfix.  I set up a couple of test boxes with web
> based pachages (squirrelmail) and he really likes what he sees.  One of
> his main concerns is antivirus protection for the incoming and outgoing
> email.  I know that Trend and F-Prot both have a package that will work,
> but I just wanted to know what it is that some of you use to protect
> your networks.  Thanks.

I use clamav for my virus scanning (milter-clamav / sendmail).  I'm also
dropping all kinds of attachments with milter-regex.  If youre unfamiliar
with milter-regex you should take a look at it.  It is very very nice.
Here's a sample of what I've got it doing...

http://radom.org/lostfound.php?id=161

hth,

dan