[CLUE-Tech] Antivirus for Email server

William bkimball1 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 22 08:39:12 MDT 2004

You should start by posting this very qeury to the Postfix user group.  Go to postfix.org and
subscribe to the users list, or read the myriad answers to this very question at the newsgroup
mailing.postfix.users.

Nearly everyone will recommend you start by checking out amavisd-new and it's many anti-virus and
anti-uce offerings.

--- Don Collier <dcollier at collierclan.com> wrote:
> I have finally talked my boss into taking a serious look at a Linux
> Email server running postfix.  I set up a couple of test boxes with web
> based pachages (squirrelmail) and he really likes what he sees.  One of
> his main concerns is antivirus protection for the incoming and outgoing
> email.  I know that Trend and F-Prot both have a package that will work,
> but I just wanted to know what it is that some of you use to protect
> your networks.  Thanks.
>
> Don Collier

=====
William Kimball, Jr.
"Programming is an art form that fights back!"  =)