[CLUE-Tech] Fedora vs Debain

Chris Hirsch chris at base2technology.com
Thu Apr 22 10:09:47 MDT 2004

>Anyway, I guess I've decided not to do Debian.  It just lags too far
>behind.  I did install the 2.6 kernel on Debian but it seemed flaky.

I guess I should of mentioned this in my "requirements"..I *really* want
to move to the 2.6 kernel...it actually seems to work as advertised and
on the desktops I've put FC2Test2 (2.6 kernel) it works flawlessly..the
only prob I've had was writing CDs and it turns out that 2.6 is now
ATAPI aware so you need to have cdrecord do ATAPI instead of
scsi-ide...nifty...even easier with k3b :-)

So *does* deb have a 2.6 distro? Is anybody running 2.6 with deb? If so
how is it? I'm running a Dell I8000 and thats where I want to go to
2.6...so I'm just tossing gas on the fire heheh

--
"I hate to be cynical about this but every time Microsoft announces these
things, it never gets better." -- Bruce Schneier, Counterpane Internet

http://ccicolorado.org
Exceptional Dogs for Exceptional People - Help Out Today!