[CLUE-Tech] Fedora vs Debain

Collins erichey2 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 23 05:40:17 MDT 2004

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 23:04:19 -0400
Angelo Bertolli <angelo at freeshell.org> wrote:

> I still have a hankering to get debian running on my computer!  I can't
> help it, I like their standards and their structure enough to still want
> to use it.  But every time I've tried installing it, it has hung up on
> me frequently in X-Windows.  If anyone can give me advice on this, I
> might be willing to try again.

Angelo,

No offense intended, but you appear to be a hard case. We've had

If you want Debian, just install Knoppix to disk; basta, you're there. Or choose one of the commercial alternatives. Either way, it just works. I never encountered such a problem with X on Debian. Even if there is such a problem, I'm sure it will go away if you upgrade everything to a "reasonable" (IMO) level

--
 /\/\
( CR ) Collins Richey