[CLUE-Tech] Followup on insmod -f

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Fri Apr 23 09:09:18 MDT 2004

As for the advice from someone on the list to modify modules.conf, I
looked at the man page, and didn't find it very clear.  I put something in
my modules.conf file that says:

install sound-slot-0 insmod -f

Above there was already "alias sound-slot-0 au8820" where au8820 is my
sound driver.

I don't think what I did will work.  What I need to do is have modprobe
use insmod with -f so that the module gets loaded.  I noticed a
insmod_opt= line in the man page, but I don't know how to use it, and I
would prefer not to set this option for EVERY module.

Does anyone know of a solution?

Angelo

-
The moon is a planet just like the Earth, only it is even deader.