[CLUE-Tech] mounting USB storage

Timothy Klein teece at silverklein.net
Mon Apr 26 00:27:24 MDT 2004

On Sunday 25 April 2004 09:12 pm, qqq1one @yahoo.com wrote:
> Does anyone know what type of device those little USB storage devices
> show up as?
>
> I'm down in /dev/usb and there are over 100 entries to choose from.
>
> I'm trying to get a NexDisk 32MB device to mount.

I believe they are all (?) USB Mass Storage devices, which is some kind of
standard.  My wife's camera, which conforms to that standard, is accessed by

/dev/sdaX

(Where X is '1' for me, but I it might not be for you).

It looks like a SCSI device to the outside world.

HTH,
Tim
== Timothy Klein || teece at silverklein.net
== Vanity Page: http://tinyurl.com/vkhp
== Hello_World.c: 17 Errors, 31 Warnings...