[CLUE-Tech] IRC Bots

Adam Bultman adamb at glaven.org
Wed Apr 28 06:55:25 MDT 2004

That's a *normal* IRC bot.

A friend of mine had his windows box 'rooted', and they installed an IRC
bot.

The bot signed onto a specific channel inhabited entirely by IRC bots.
The bots were other computers that were rooted, and they basically
reported in what they had, and their progress at rooting other machines
(directives were given to the bots for further orders, etc).

So, the Master bot sat on the channel and told the IRC bots, connected
to machines, to go root other machines, which would then sign on to IRC...

I signed onto the channel briefly that the bot was on - wow.  Lots of
bots, lots of activity. It was scary.

Adam