[CLUE-Tech] Brute force attack from host 208.188.115.21

William bkimball1 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 4 14:48:59 MDT 2004

--- Adam Bultman <adamb at glaven.org> wrote:
> My question to you: Since you are all in Denver,  (where  my machines
> are), have you been noticing the same attacks on your system? I'm not
> saying the SSH scans in general, but rather, the dedicated act of
> attempting to test passwords for the root account.

Nope.  However, SSH access to my servers is regulated at my firewalls to SMALL, specific IP
ranges.  I see no value in allowing "the whole internet" access to my logon services (I open
strictly-controlled IP ranges for each client that I host for).  :)

=====
William Kimball, Jr.
"Programming is an art form that fights back!"  =)