[CLUE-Tech] Comcast question

Timothy Klein teece at silverklein.net
Fri Aug 6 11:45:06 MDT 2004

On Friday 06 August 2004 11:28, Collins Richey wrote:
> > So - if you are  paying comcast, you are the problem. You can complain
> > to comcast, but they don't care as long as you pay your bill.
>
> Sorry, I get excellent service from comcast; I'll keep paying my bill. I
> keep paying my gasoline bill, too, but that doesn't mean that I support
> the Arab emirs who control most of the oil. I differ from you and
> Charlie in that I do not believe in coercion to accomplish my goals.
>
> As a side note, I've been using the cable facility for quite a few years
> now, and during that entire period of time [US|Q]WEST has never seen fit
> to provide DSL service for my corner of SE Aurora.

Comcast bashing aside, if one of your primary intentions is running servers,
get DSL (or T1 or the Comcast business contract that allows servers) if it is
available to you.  A TOS is a legal contract.  It shouldn't be violated
simply because you can, IMNSHO.  If you agree to the accept the service, you
agree to live by the rules they set up.  Not trying to pass judgment on
anyone, just pointing out the obvious, non-technical issue here.

But that is the primary value I get from DSL.  I could get somewhat higher
bandwidth with Comcast.  But I want my pipe to be all mine.

Tim
== Timothy Klein || teece at silverklein.net
== Vanity Page: http://tinyurl.com/vkhp
== Hello_World.c: 17 Errors, 31 Warnings...