[CLUE-Tech] Question about accepting online payments

Gary Threlkeld gthrelk at comcast.net
Sat Aug 7 21:52:07 MDT 2004

Hi Everybody -

Don't know if the tech or talk forum is best for this question but I need
to draw from the group's expertise.

I have a client that is a Homeowners Association with their own website
running PHPNuke CMS with MySQL.  The HOA would like to offer residents the
option of paying their quarterly homeowners dues online.  I don't think
they're talking about charging to credit cards but rather having residents
authorize the HOA to draft from resident bank accounts.  Does anyone have
any experience in this area that they could share?  Do we want to use an
ecommerce package (the web host offers oscommerce)?  How about gateways -
I've seen authorize.net used by other websites but don't know exactly how a
bank draft system might be established.  Security is obiously another
aspect to the solution so I suspect they HOA would need to obtain an SSL
certificate.  Could anyone make recommendations based upoon experience with
specific sources?.

If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate the help
to get us started.

Thanks,
Gary